The mammals in my life are concerned about my health.
Boomer was on the ottoman, next to my head as I spread length wise on the couch for a nap in the sun. When I sneezed or coughed he stood up and sniffed my nose. I think he's checking if I'm breathing. When he knows I'm alive, he lays back down. Until I sniffle. Then the sniff test. Boomer is concerned.
Jake, 12 year old son 2, wandered in and grabbed my acoustical guitar off its stand by the piano and played some soothing music for a few minutes. No words, but I felt the love. (almost as much as I now feel the vibrations from the electric guitar being played downstairs...)
I awoke to Frank (hub) staring at me from across the room. I questioned him, and He said he was wondering if I needed anything. Then he added (he meant well...) that he knew I was sick because I had not eaten the toasted coconut donut he brought me from Honey Dipped Donuts after church. In his defense, it definitely is the longest period (3 hours) that a toasted coconut donut has ever existed in my presence. I can't taste much, but I just ate it. I remember how good they are. (that is so pathetic , isn't it?)
I get worse as the day goes by. Positively no progress from yesterday. Thinking this is a bad one... No interest in reading (now my friends IRL are concerned) and no interest in watching a DVD. Maybe Gilmore later. I don't want to sleep all day, because I was able to sleep all night last night, which is such a blessing...so...more blogs ahead...
And more grape Propel. Frank is making a big pot of mashed potatoes...now THAT is comfort food. The toasted coconut was a little scrapey on my raw raw throat...
Oh my..... I am so sorry you're down with this! I hope you're better soon! I'll keep reading for your updates... and will pray for you, too! :)
ReplyDelete-stacey
Hello, Found your page through Rachel Anne's Small Things.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I had a similar thing a week ago, had never felt so bad in my life! Fever, very very sore throat and ears and body ached all over. Fortunately that has passed. I will pray for you. I hope that you will heal soon.
That is so sweet about the dog sniffing your nose! My sister's cat upstairs places her front paw on my leg when I'm feeling down, as if to say don't worry, I'm here for you. Precious blessings they are!