Is it really possible that I complain about *ANYTHING* when Heather has endured this (horrifying pregnancy news) and this (brain cancer) This is one gifted young woman, and she needs our daily, hourly, prayers and donations if you are able.
Lord, I am so thankful for the blessings in my life. My health. (who cares if I miss a day or two due to the flu). My husband who puts up with my un-grace-ness. Four healthy and whole children. Jesus. Christianity. A certain hope. Friends too numerous to name. Relatives galore. A warm and inviting home. A job that is so amazingly fit for me. And on. And on. And on.
On the duller side of things, this flu has me bad now. Jake and I ordered a pizza, since we were abandoned by the rest of the family... My piece is giving me bad heartburn. (likely from not moving) I have flushed my body with 4 grape propels. Anna made me tea, and asked me if I needed anything. (not bad for a 15 y.o.) Frank brought me yellow tulips and a 12 pack of gP. I have a fever of 100.5, which is compared to my normal temp of 97.3. When I walk I am woozy. When I sit I am sore. When I cough everything hurts. I'm holding out to go to bed when a full night sleep is possible...not too early...
But WHO CARES?!? Today was a gift. Today I added to my prayer list. I added to my reading list. My heart grew.
I AM BLESSED beyond measure. Life is SO NOT FAIR. I am so blessed!
Ps 16:6 The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. (NAS95)
So sorry to hear of your battle with the flu over the weekend. Why is it that we always get sick over the weekend when we could be doing fun stuff? Praying you'll be better soon. You've got me spending waaaay too much time reading blogs. I was lost in Heather's blog for an hour and a half. And that is her life everyday right now, not just an hr & 1/2. LORD, keep holding her up with your Righteous right hand. Thank you for the life you've given me.
ReplyDelete