
Our 19 year old daughter Emily is flying to Spain today. She'll fly into Madrid, and catch a connecting flight to Seville.
I am full of mixed emotions. I am so excited for her to have this opportunity. What an incredible experience - the chance of a lifetime. And yet... Tears are just under the surface. I'm a bit apprehensive about her flights and safety, and am beginning to realize that four months is a pretty long time. When she was going to her college campus, three hours away, that was one thing. She and I are both independent, so we touched base now and then but we made the separation pretty well. But this separation - I can't go for an overnight if something comes up. And if she's sick...well...she's on her own!
Thankfully I know that her Heavenly Father speaks Spanish fluently, and is as fully cognizant of her every move there as He is here. She is in His very capable hands, and that comforts this mother's heart.
Gracie,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you and for Emily. My memory verse for right now is Deut. 33: 12...
Let the beloved of the Lord (Emily) rest secure in him, for he shields Emily all day long, and the one the Lord loves (Emily) rests between his shoulders...
May you know how much each of you are loved and the penetrating knowledge that He is with you and Emily in this distance of geography.
That is a tough one...and I'd be a bit anxious too. Our oldest daughter is 21 and has never been out of my sight! Well, you know...
ReplyDelete