12.24.2008

Let it Snow

It might be my fault.

I have been so guilt ridden that I thought I should just come out with it: I prayed for snow.

Here's what I'm seeing out my living room window today. Sipping coffee in my spot on the couch is really wondrous most mornings - God provides the artwork...


A few months ago when I was poking about at TJMaxx I came upon a set of aluminum snow shoes. And I thought...wow...that was actually on my list: rent snowshoes for my hub and I for Christmas day. At 69.99 I thought it might be ok to buy them.

Of course he would likely get tired snowshoe-ing with me on his back, so next I had to find a second pair. While TJMaxx is one of my very favorite stores because there is no apparent rhyme or reason to what is in stock, it's not a great store in which to find a second one of anything. When you call ahead, you basically have to hope that the clerk is willing to dig through a lot of stuff to see if what you're looking for is there. It's not like they have a snow shoe section. (they were under the hat rack, if you're wondering)


A second pair was located. An hour drive, but it was worth it.

And then I prayed for snow.

God and I musta been on a super close wave length that day, cuz we're breaking records here in Milwaukee. I thought we had a lot last year, but this is totally ridiculous. We will indeed have a very white Christmas, and we will indeed have the opportunity to try out and become experts at snowshowing.

So, fellow Milwaukeeans, I'm sorry...I think it's my fault.

But it really is beautiful from our kitchen patio door. Tomorrow we'll hop right out this door and head to the woods - on snow shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment


FBL website logo