One of my "bucket list" entries is to write and publish a book. And one of the book ideas has been, for years, a book on preparing for Christmas.
I celebrate Christmas in a big way. I love the decor, the music, the cards, the gifts, the special foods, the entertaining....and I tend to do it all. I have it down to a *relatively* stress-free system, and actually ENJOY the preparation as well as the festivities. I have a passion to help women to enjoy the season rather than drown in it. Doing it ALL is so unnecessary -putting Christ back into Christmas is a really good place to start.
In recent years I've found a lot of good advent resources and have realized that perhaps the world does not need yet another Advent book. But the idea is still percolating within me. I've come to realize that I'm gifted in the area of organization, and truly I'd like to share that gift, and incorporate it into my passion for the Word of God.
And so...drum roll please...I'm going out on a limb (time wise and commitment wise) to kick off an advent blog: Advent-ful December is officially open. Each day in December, take a minute to turn your heart and mind upward to find Him in your preparation. It's not going to be linked to this blog as it will be open to the public. No personal info - just Advent. Share it with whomever you like!
Take a peek. The entries will simply be dated - jump in when you can. I'll be writing as time allows, so pace yourself! :) Perhaps I'll post a week ahead...you just never know.
Enjoy. Participate. And may God enrich your Christmas in a whole new way.
No comments:
Post a Comment