11.16.2008

Grace

Yesterday I read a book. Cover to cover. Start to finish. Grace by Richard Paul Evans. I love a light read now and then, and well...I must admit a fondness for the title.

Sweet story. A look inside the adolescent male mind as the main character, Eric, experiences a relationship with a young female for the first time. I won't tell you the story line, but will tell you that the style is simple - an easy holiday read. But the plot? Nothing simple, nothing easy. It tore my heart out.

Do I recommend the book? Yes, but with the caveat that it becomes a heart rending read about a very difficult topic. In my opinion, it is difficult to marry a light holiday read with a real life issue of this magnitude. It sort of left me stunned...not knowing what had hit, and then it was over. Although it is fiction, the author is doing something about the issue in real time and at his very real expense...a noble and worthy effort.

My jury is out. Has anyone else read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment


FBL website logo