Last night I had a rough emotional time, and so I wrote it all out on a blank journal page. Then I wrote over top: Just Keep Loving-- You are the Grown Up! (need to remind myself once in a while, you know?)
Next I broke out my brand spanking new oil pastels and colored over top. Blended with my finger. And then I wanted the big words to pop so I went over them in a black Sakura Glaze gel pen and the white Signo pen. I like it. It's a stretch for me. Next I ripped it out, trimmed some of the ripped edge and mounted it in my black sketch pad of experiments, noting what materials I had used.
I played a bit on my computer so nobody could read the raw journaling. My very own witness protection plan.
Sometimes I can get a bit too introspective, so one of my 2011 Eight Words is GIVE. One easy way to give art is through the mail. So today I'm popping four kinda fun envelopes in the mail. I hope they bring a smile. Again, the snowflake post it notes are simply for privacy...not part of the design.
You know, it takes about 5 minutes to stamp and color an envelope. Isn't that worthwhile to bring a smile to a friend?
The cupcake one has my niece's name all in stickers...the trademark Aunt Grace envelope. Inside I put a few birthday journal stickers...to encourage her to keep writing and decorating the journals we started in December. That card is completely homemade too...spent some real time on it...as I hope to do for all the journaling nieces.
Making cards and decorating envelopes is simple and fun and quick. Making time for art in 2011!
:)
ReplyDelete