3.22.2008

Resignation

The one true way of dying to self is the way of patience, meekness, humility, and resignation to God.
-- Andrew Murray

Why is resignation to God so difficult?
I am aware that He loves me.
I am aware that He's smarter than me. And wiser.
I am aware that He knows all, and that He never makes a mistake.
I am aware that He can see a much larger picture than I can.
And yet
I don't quite trust Him.
Why is that?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I know I don't have any authority to speak into your life with any knowledge, but I just this minute came from a Bible study where we talked about waiting, and how hard that is. Waiting and submission and dying to self is that moment when the flyer of a trapeze duo lets go and hangs mid-air until the catcher catches him, and that is like being suspended in "nothingness." It's hard for the flyer to stay still until the moment comes, but he has to trust the catcher. I wish I had come up with all of that, but it's the wonderful work of John Ortberg. Sorry such a long comment!

    ReplyDelete


FBL website logo