3.29.2018

2018!

2018!
Another birthday celebrated!
Wowza!  Time flies!
So blessed!

On the evening of my birthday,  7 of us finished up an amazing book - Two Steps Forward by Sharon Garlough Brown.  The second book of a series, its byline is "A Story of Persevering in Hope." This book club/Bible study/prayer group/discipleship group of 8 women has been SUCH an encouragement to me.  We came together as a result of a women's retreat, and I'm so blessed to now call these women friends.

The back of the book reads, "The women from Sensible Shoes are taking their next steps in the spiritual formation journey.  But each of them is finding roadblocks along the way. ... Sometimes life feels like two steps forward and one step back.  You may find your own spiritual journey reflected in the lives of these women.  Come and discover the way forward."

This book series is one of a kind.  Exploring how ancient spiritual disciplines can still be incorporated in our lives -- disciplines such as Breath Prayer, Lectio Divina (sacred reading); Journaling; Praying a Labyrinth, Praying the Examen and incorporating a Rule of Life.  Although the book is fiction, the author utilizes the character of a Spiritual Director and the setting of a Spiritual Formation Retreat to launch the stories of four women who become friends in book one.  (Sensible Shoes)  Scripture is incorporated throughout, as are explanations of the disciplines.

I've recommended this book to dozens of women... literally ... and I've read book one and two multiple times.  And even now, typing this up, I'm realizing that I need to return to "Rule of Life," for I desire more order in my days.  One step forward and two steps back...

You can review or purchase the set here.  I am in no way affiliated... I'm simply a SUPER FAN.

These ladies are the best.  Thanks for journeying with me!


3 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed the final chapters of a great book. I did enjoy the read, would have loved to share. Things should be back on track now. I am interested in the next book. Please order one for me. Blessed Easter to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing you again, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a life changing journey! -Bridget

    ReplyDelete


FBL website logo