A beloved memory of mine is my older brother Jon (13 years my elder) sitting me on the piano as a little girl. He would play and sing "Do you hear what I hear?" and I would be the echo.
My devotional reading today reminded me to listen during this wondrous season. Listen more, talk less. Sounds like a plan. Right now I hear the roar of the fire...a favorite sound. And I hear Boomer snoring...he is sprawled out near the heat of the flames. Cherished morning sounds. Tonight I will hear the symphony and symphony chorus perform The Messiah. I'm in tears thinking about it. That music, those words...it moves me.
Zephaniah 3:17
17 The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
My devotional asks, in reference to this verse, "Are you quiet enough to hear God singing over you?" What a timely question.
I'm going to listen more today.
This is sweet. :) Hugs to you, girlfriend.
ReplyDelete