This morning, post airport, was just plain difficult. The first time alone, letting it all sink in. I *know* he was 83! I *know* he is in heaven! So...why is this so hard?
Forced myself to grocery shop with Emily. Oh - yes - she's back from Spain! As of Friday night. Talk about an emotional homecoming...
I sat alone and read sympathy cards...that was very good. I read the actual cards - so lovely! And the notes about what Gilbert had meant to people. Amazing!
Started to tidy up. Framed a few favorite photos. Then, amazingly, I made 6 phone calls to pension, health insurance...tough calls where I had to tell the news and do the financial stuff...
By then I was on a roll. Cleaned up the kitchen and made dinner. I still remember how! :)
I'm better. I've been emailing regarding work issues... I can almost imagine going back tomorrow!
Thank you for the prayers. Can't quite say I'm celebrating with him, but hey...I'm on the way.
Good night! -g
Sounds like you're doing just fine. Since we don't have instructions on how to grieve a parent, it's most often our natural tendencies that take over---least I think so. You just grieve the way you grieve.
ReplyDeleteYou take care of yourself. So glad your daughter's home---you can revel in her being there---so much emotion, my goodness.