One of the Bible Studies I recently finished contained a phrase I loved: "Pockets of Joy." Even dark days and stretches of winter can be, will be, sprinkled with pockets of joy. And so, in 2008, I plan to blog and record these pockets that God creates just for me. Perhaps I simply need to be more cognizant of the moments that He sprinkles over each of my days.
Nicole Johnson, in her article entitled "Death of a Dream," states Never forget that we are in process on this journey and while we don't know what what the future holds, we trust God for very good reasons, and those reasons are still true in the midst of our losses. God has a way, uniquely his, and a time table, unknown to us, and he has great love that guides us toward bigger dreams, the kind that will never disappoint and never die."
Unwrapping my new journal is always exciting. Who knows what will be recorded in the year to come? I'm hoping that blogging will add one more reason to search for the blessings, and to share them with whoever's reading...
No comments:
Post a Comment